Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event
When it comes to performance reviews, one thing is clear – your managers' coaching skills are a key tool for maximizing organizational performance. That’s why you’ve made the investments in systems, processes and training – so you can measure and maximize employee performance at your company. Right?
But you’re missing one key thing. Your best laid plans for managing employee performance get blown up when an employee has a worldview that has nothing to do with their manager's reality. Ignore their perspective, and your ROI on the conversation is the equivalent of talking to a government clerk with 30 years experience about the finer points of the Nordstrom customer experience program – while you’re still 3rd in line at the DMV.
How do you handle this potential train wreck? You’ve got to teach your managers to first understand the persona they’re dealing with, then teach them how to engage – in ways the employee can understand. Unfortunately, most managers have no clue how to prepare for this.
Good news – we’re here to help. This webcast is designed to help your HR team and managers bridge the perception gap between how a manager thinks the employee is doing, and how the employee actually perceives their own performance.
Kris Dunn will break it all down for you, and cover:
• A comprehensive breakdown of the five most common faces managers will see in Performance Reviews – including the Star, the Diva, the Deflector, the 9 to 5 and the Upwardly Mobile.
• How to identify each of the faces across individuals in your organization and team.
• The unspoken realities you have to address as an organization to make sure each face is engaged from a performance perspective.
• A rundown of survival strategies to engage each of the five faces and get what you need – both out of a performance conversation and through higher performance moving forward.
Don’t miss this street smart session designed to help your managers cut through the smoke and get to what’s real related to performance management.
Who Should Participate
HR Professionals and Managers.
Extra Learning Material
All Registered HR.com members are also eligible for:
Best-Practice Performance Management Processes http://www.halogensoftware.com/resources/centers-of-excellence/performance_management.php
Staffing and Recruitment
Workforce Planning and Analytics
Measurement and Metrics
Integrated Talent Management
HR in Canada
What You Will Learn
• A breakdown of the five most common faces managers will see in Performance Reviews. • How to identify each of the faces across individuals in your organization and team. • The unspoken realities you have to address as an organization to make sure each face is engaged from a performance perspective. • A rundown of survival strategies to engage each of the five faces and get what you need – both out of a performance conversation and through higher performance moving forward.
Who is Eligible
This webcast is available to all registered HR.com members for free. You are currently subscribed to HR.com as a Free Member.
Click the button to access this webcast. Archives, MP3 and PowerPoint slides
What is Required to Attend
Participants in the live webcast will need access to a computer connected to the Internet. HR.com highly recommends you test your computer in advance of the webcasts.
Once you register for the webcasts, full login instructions will be sent to you 24 and 2 hours prior to going live. You must run the system test to ensure you can access the session.
Do you have any comments that you would like to share about the value of this session?
Please help others considering viewing the archive understand the value of the session. How would you rate this presentation?
Excellent Very Good Good Fair Bad