Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event
A new learning management system (LMS) is like a blank canvas. You can proceed with setting the system up two ways:
* In the style of abstract expressionists such as Jackson Pollock, you can start importing learner records and adding content in an impetuous yet passionate way; or
* You can, like Michelangelo preparing to create a fresco, deliberately plan and organize your data
The Jackson Pollock approach feels great! The sense of power that comes from logging into a new application and clicking buttons wildly is exhilarating. This euphoria may, however, be short-lived; replaced—hangover-like—with a nagging sense of “what was I thinking?!”
The Michelangelo approach, though far less exciting at first, can create a structure that is easily maintained, and immediately understood, by any future administrators. When it comes to enterprise software that will be used by many people, order trumps chaos.
When it comes to enterprise software that will be used by many people, order trumps chaos. Order also provides a foundation that will help you scale your learning initiatives as more learners are served by the LMS.
So how do we set up a new learning management system?
Join Richard Nantel, VP, Enterprise Learning Solutions at Blatant Media, as he discusses:
* How to organize learners into groups
* How to structure your content
* How to create learning plans
* How to provide learners with a way to select the types of learning events they prefer
* Creating communication templates that reflect your organization’s culture
* How to manage venues for instructor-led learning
* Defining administrators
* How to create reports that give you and others the information they need
And much more.
Who Should Participate
This session is aimed at CLOs, learning managers, and anyone responsible for the management of workplace learning and development.
Extra Learning Material
All Registered HR.com members are also eligible for:
Staffing and Recruitment
Training and Development
Workforce Planning and Analytics
Learning Management Systems
Technology Enabled Learning
What You Will Learn
1. How to organize learners and content within a learning management system 2. How to make it easy for administrators to work within the system 3. How to set up your LMS in a way that will allow for growth as more learners are added to the system
Who is Eligible
This webcast is available to all registered HR.com members for free. You are currently subscribed to HR.com as a Free Member.
Click the button to access this webcast. Archives, MP3 and PowerPoint slides
What is Required to Attend
Participants in the live webcast will need access to a computer connected to the Internet. HR.com highly recommends you test your computer in advance of the webcasts.
Once you register for the webcasts, full login instructions will be sent to you 24 and 2 hours prior to going live. You must run the system test to ensure you can access the session.
Do you have any comments that you would like to share about the value of this session?
Please help others considering viewing the archive understand the value of the session. How would you rate this presentation?
Excellent Very Good Good Fair Bad