The employer mandate final regulations were released on February 10th and there were some significant changes that employers need to be aware of right now. The remainder of 2014 is the planning year and the decisions you make now with your workforce will have a financial impact on your health plan next year. We are going to help clarify and define the rules surrounding the “pay or play” requirements whereby employers will pay penalties if they don’t offer coverage, or coverage that meets the minimum requirements in 2015.
This presentation will address the following key components to help employers prepare now:
1. Who is subject to the employer mandate in 2015?
Hint: This was changed from the previous requirements and is revised with the February 10th update. Employers over 100 full-time equivalent employees needs to pay particular attention.
2. How do you measure your variable hour employees to determine if they are required to be offered coverage to avoid penalties in 2015?
3. What are the varying testing and measurement options to follow this year under the special transition rules?
4. What implications are there for contingent workers, meaning temporary employees or independent contractors?
5. How do I avoid any litigation pitfalls inherent with PPACA implementation?
6. What is my checklist and next steps to ensure my company is compliant with the requirements?