For starters, gamification is not a just the trend of the week; it is a set of empirically tested motivational techniques that not only help drive employee engagement in learning and development programs, but also improve retention of the core material.
The webinar will start by examining:
- What gamification really is
- Why it is worth paying attention to
- How these technique relate to the ideas in Dan Pink’s “Drive.”
- How gamification is used in business
- How it is used in HR
- In particular, how gamification is relevant to training programs
This webinar will help turn gamification from being just an intriguing idea to being an extension of the learning & development toolkit. You will discover how the lessons learned in computer game design have surprising relevance for all our work in engaging and motivating employees.
It will also help HR professionals articulate their own views, so that when other leaders ask “what is gamification all about” HR will have an accurate and convincing answer.