Expenses can be time-consuming to enter manually and a challenge to report on. Then there’s the pressure of paying employees on time so they don’t end up being out of pocket. The process can be overwhelming for many growing companies. Fortunately, there is a better way to manage expenses. In this web cast, Thomas Marks Senior Director Product Marketing at Concur, one of the world’s leading expense management software companies, will share how to implement and improve your expense process. Discussing how to:
Few businesses face as much complexity in payroll administration and accounting as manufacturing. Unions, irregular hours, government contracts, high turnover and immigration issues add to the challenges of multiple jobs, pay rates, state jurisdictions, and industry-specific reporting standards.
Ammu Warrier, a recognized expert in managing contingent workers for manufacturing companies, will provide practical advice for managing industrial worker time and expense. The session will cover:
• Work scheduling techniques that provide the workers needed for each production run
• Establishing and enforcing pay and work rules – consistently and accurately – across the organization.
• Curbing the rising rate of litigation over alleged violations of state and federal labor laws
• Building a Link between time management and worker safety
• Generating workforce intelligence data that ties actual labor costs to production, even when your labor picture includes complexities such as different wages, premium pay, partial shifts, and team allocation.
Everyone’s talking "cloud" these days but what exactly is it and how can it impact your payroll organization? Also, are all clouds created equal and, if not, what should you be looking for? Are all cloud solutions really safe?
In this webinar, we will demystify the promise of the cloud and arm you with what you need to make tracking employees' time in the cloud simple and safe. We’ll discuss why and how the cloud is impacting business – and your life - today and why it can be an optimal solution for your employee time tracking needs. We’ll share real-life examples of how the cloud is being used to automate time and attendance while transforming payroll organizations from administrative centers to business partners with a new focus on helping the organization drive greater workforce productivity. We’ll also share best practice tips on what to look for in a cloud provider and how to spot cloud “imposters” and get exactly what you need to quickly, easily and safely deploy a cloud-based time tracking system that streamlines your payroll process.
By attending this webinar, you will learn:
• What the cloud is and how it impacts your organization
• How an organization can benefit most from a cloud-based time and attendance solution
• How to use cloud-based time tracking to streamline payroll, increase productivity and drive visibility across your organization
• How to evaluate cloud-based providers and what key competencies you should look for in an ideal partner for your time tracking needs
Please Note: This is a demo webcast, no certification credits will be given.
The spreadsheet is the Swiss Army knife of small business software. But using a spreadsheet to manage your expense reporting process is like using that little plastic toothpick to flip pancakes. You can do it, but do you really want to? Especially, now that Concur can automate every aspect of expense management for your business.
Here are the top four reasons to say goodbye to spreadsheet-based expense reporting and take the whole process online with Concur:
1. Manual Data Entry Is A Silly Waste of Time Concur grabs the transaction data right from your credit card and loads it directly it into the expense report. It even assigns an expense category like “meal” or “office supplies” based on the information from your credit card company.
2. Managing Paper Receipts Is A Hassle Instead of all those paper receipts stapled to a printout, Concur’s mobile apps allow you to capture a digital receipt with your smartphone camera and associate with the expense item in your expense report.
3. Your Workflow Is Pretty Slow OK, so the spreadsheet with all the receipts has been submitted, but how long until someone processes it? What if reports could be submitted electronically and be reviewed and approved online, by anyone from anywhere – with a full audit trail.
4. A Pile Of Paper Is Not Expense Data Now where is that expense report from last year that had all those major tax implications? With Concur, your expense data is always available online - last week, last month or last year, it’s all there.
During this web cast, you’ll learn about Concur’s automated online and mobile solutions for Expense Management, Invoice/AP Management and Travel.
Employee time is one of your organizations most valuable and costly resources. Knowledge of employee time results in faster decision making, improved scheduling and better labor cost management, making your organization more productive, competitive and profitable. In this webcast we will examine Honour based timesheets and how they can assist organizations where the culture is not to clock, with operational efficiency, cost control, regulatory compliance and employee empowerment. We investigate how “Honour based timesheets” can assist organizations build a clear picture of employee time through detailed data and reports on attendance, absenteeism, overtime, flexible working, scheduling and vacation leave. We look at how Honour based timesheets make it easy for organizations to manage employee attendance without having to change your company culture!
Software Implementation – From the Customer Point of View
Throughout my career in payroll I have been involved in many software implementation projects including in-house payroll processing, time and attendance systems, and 3rd party payroll vendors. If I had only known then, what I know now, I could have saved myself much frustration and many long days.
There are several parts to an implementation project. The first is the search process for the appropriate system for your business. Step two is to then obtain budget approval from upper management and/or finance. Software purchases are extremely expensive therefore the pressure is on to have everything go as smoothly as possible. Once approved the software company will do their needs assessment. It is critical that the correct people are questioned at this stage. In almost every instance the vendor will provide a timeline for the implementation. It is critical that the lead person for your team along with input from the team members create a reasonable timeline. A realistic assessment of resources is very important. Your best defense against failure is knowledge. Join me as I share my stories, tips, and knowledge of how to best avoid frustration, headaches, and disaster.
Tips on how human resource directors can avoid having their ERISA covered retirement plans turn into a human resource disaster and instead, turning their retirement plan into a valuable employee benefit that can help recruit and maintain employees. The course can minimize fiduciary liability and increase plan participation. It will be a basic introduction to retirement plans, fiduciary responsibility, and employer contributions. This course is an essential element in helping h.r. directors helping turn their retirement plan around as well as what steps to avoid in handling their retirement plan and avoid making it a liability pitfall for the employer.
Global Payroll is not a Myth. It’s a Journey. Learn how a strategic roadmap is the key that will open the door to your successful global payroll journey. Join Global Payroll veteran Rich Pikowski as he takes you through his own global payroll journey. Rich is a strategic, global HR leader with extensive, high impact service delivery experience covering payroll, benefits, data management, compensation, policies, budgeting and risk management who has led transformational initiatives in each of these areas. Global payroll is complicated but with the proper planning across a company’s global organization, challenges can be overcome and fragmented processes can be transformed into a standardized system of record.