The business case for EQ is clear:
- An insurance company found the average policy value sold by agents with high EQ was twice that of agents with low EQ.
- A study of 500 executive search candidates identified emotional competence as a better predictor of placement success than intelligence or prior experience.
- A consumer products company found a “strong relationship” between superior performing leaders and emotional competence.
Participants will learn:
- The latest research on emotional intelligence and its connection to performance
- 7 strategies for improving EQ
- The link between behaviors and emotions
- How senior leaders influence EQ in others