While many Supervisors and Managers understand the importance to their organization of excellent employee performance, too often they have no process for bringing this about. The PIP described in this session provides a Supervisor or Manager with a clear, straightforward and effective method of conducting a facilitated conversation with their direct reports that will help them to understand their role and how it contributes to accomplishing the company’s goals, and to be continuously improving their job performance.
An effective PIP coaching session involves an open and frank, six step discussion between each Supervisor, Manager, etc. and his/her direct reports along the following lines.
1. Review, Rapport Building and Role Clarification
2. Vision of Perfect Performance
3. Barriers and Difficulties to Excellent Performance
4. Strategies for Overcoming Barriers to Excellent Performance
5. Action Plans to Implement Strategies
6. Institutionalizing this Process - Regular Meetings