Sexual Harassment Training is required for all management staff; this includes Senior Managers to the Supervisory level. As an employer, you are required to provide a workplace environment free from Sexual Harassment. There are guidelines developed by the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) which identify what these requirements are.
Listed below is a brief description of the guidelines and requirements:
• Defined policies and procedures on Sexual Harassment, which are developed, implemented, maintained, and enforced by the employer. Information and education must be provided to all employees.
• Posting of mandatory posters in a conspicuous area which all employees frequent and have access. They must be visible.
• Training of all management staff is required. The training must be completed by an individual who has met the defined training criteria established by the Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH).
• Investigate all complaints and take the appropriate disciplinary action up to and including discharge.
• Maintain clear and well documented records for all training provided and investigations conducted.
Following these guidelines and mandatory requirements is essential. Failure to do so could result in legal issues, which could include steep monetary payments being paid out.
You do not want to be investigated for noncompliance. The best thing you can do is be compliant and adhere to the all of the requirements. If you are investigated having all your documentation in good order will make it much easier to defend.
You must view the archive in order to receive your credit(s). Audio and slides do not grant credit(s) into your account.