New York Law School and Raymond James are pleased to present a half-day thought leadership summit on governance issues facing retirement plan sponsors.
Representatives from the U.S. Department of Labor will be sharing insights from their ERISA enforcement activities.
A roundtable of industry professionals will address trends and best practices from legal, accounting, insurance, and investment perspectives.
Topics & Issues
- Origins of ERISA enforcement activities, including criminal, civil and informal complaint resolution
- Limitations of §408(b)(2) and §404(a)(5) fee disclosure regulations
- Disparities between actual plan expenses and those reported on Form 5500 Schedule C and independent auditors' reports
- Cost allocation methods, expense accounting and related fiduciary risks
- Fiduciary liability insurance claims experience and trends in ERISA litigation
- Importance of education and communication in mitigating risk
- Plan conversions and terminations - fiduciary best practices during mergers and acquisitions
This event is suited for retirement plan sponsors, business owners, and C-level executives, as well as human resource, legal, and accounting professionals.
This event has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.
The event will also be submitted for CLE and CPE.
This event is free and open to the public. Space is limited. Register today!
For details and registration information, visit: