Be Well To Do Well: An Integrated Health Model for Individuals and Organizations
In most organizations, over 50% of the total healthcare costs are due to presenteeism, which is the loss of productivity due to a health related issue. Your employees may be showing up for work, but are they functioning at an optimal level committing their best energy to their work or are they functioning at a diminished capacity because of high stress, lack of physical activity, poor nutrition, emotional distress, or inadequate sleep?
In this session, we’ll explore the compelling case for employee health and well-being as a strategic business imperative for employee engagement and sustainable competitive advantage. We’ll examine:
1) The spiraling costs of poor health to individuals and organizations and the demographic trends driving the cost increase
2) The critical importance of nurturing the whole person for optimal performance and personal fulfillment
3) An Integrated Health Model which identifies the 10 key areas necessary for well-being in mind, body, and spirit
4) How to get started on an employee health initiative in your company
Creating an organizational culture where health is valued as a business priority is a vital component of a contemporary total rewards strategy. Research shows that employee wellness programs are a very popular employee benefit which really pays off.
In this era of global competition, organizations need each person functioning at his or her best. When team members are healthy and well, the result is reduced benefits cost, increased innovation, creative problem solving, retention of top talent, high energy, and a winning culture where people are well, so they do well.
Who Should Participate
Business Leaders, HR Executives, Benefits Managers / Administrators, Corporate Medical Directors, HR Business Partners / Generalists / Managers, Compensation Managers, Employee Engagement / Culture Program Managers,
What You Will Learn
- The spiraling costs of poor health to individuals and organizations and the demographic trends driving the cost increase
- The critical importance of nurturing the whole person for optimal performance and personal fulfillment
- An Integrated Health Model which identifies the 10 key areas necessary for well-being in mind, body, and spirit
- How to get started on an employee health initiative in your company
Harvard Business Review
What's the Hard Return on Employee Wellness?
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Health, Wellness, and Employee Assistance: A Holistic Approach to Employee Benefits
Synergy at Work, Inc.
Synergy at Work is dedicated to transforming the workplace into an environment where people are their whole and best selves. We specialize in an integrated approach to Employee Engagement through Employee Health and Well-being and Passion at Work.