This session is designed for people that want to learn how to use a Recognition and Reward System (RRS) to strengthen their organization. In the current economy and with the current tools available, the opportunity for Human Resource professionals to make a difference in their respective companies has never been better. Every organization has a People Strategy that involves the creation and maintenance of a culture that will enable the best possible performance from the organization’s employees. Now is the time to learn how to maximize that culture while creating a workplace that feeds an individual’s desires to be valued.
Some background information is necessary to provide a foundation to understanding the subject – the session will begin by providing a brief explanation of the history behind “recognition” and some common misconceptions around best practices. It will address the state of the current work environment as well as the mind-set of the typical person in the workforce. Participants will be exposed to contemporary research that establishes the case for the use of a comprehensive RRS.
Once an understanding of the general state of the work environment is established, the concept of creating a strategic RRS will be explored. Areas that will be covered include:
• What can reasonably be expected from a RRS
• How to begin the process of building a RRS
• Addressing behaviors and performance (they’re very different)
• Establishing effective measurement techniques
• Understanding what to do with the data once it’s in hand
• Determining a strategy for awards
• Assigning responsibility for the design and maintenance of the RRS
• Necessary resources for building and maintaining the RRS
Any human resource professional can benefit from this session. To learn more about the speaker and his background, you can visit his company’s website - www.themillercompany.com.