In the last 15 years there has been an explosion of technology-enabled candidate and employee assessments driven in large part by growing access to a low-cost, high-speed internet. HR Departments have attempted to leverage this technology to increase the scale, efficiency, and pace of their human capital processes. For example, web-based content for candidate hiring (e.g., multiple choice tests) and executive feedback (e.g., 360s) are considered the norm. Yet most of these tools suffer from one of two problems:
1) they are simple derivatives of paper-and-pencil assessments, which fail to fully leverage technology in an environment where companies are increasingly global, competitive, and recession-oriented and employees progressively online, mobile, and demanding; OR
2) they are overly complex, providing add-ons (e.g., rating the flight risk of potential successors) that managers will rarely, if ever use given the extensive demands of their day jobs in an ever-changing business landscape. In this virtual session we will use case studies to discuss how to leverage technology at the three most important points in the employee lifecycle: selection, development, and high potential identification.
Our program will answer a series of key questions, including:
1) How can companies use web-based assessments to measure globally, but hire locally?
2) How can organizations handle the deluge of candidate applications in ways that ensure the best hiring decisions are made at the lowest cost possible?
3) What practical tools exist that engage and groom individuals so that they are less likely to leave and more likely to grow within the company?
4) How can organizations identify high potential leaders earlier in their careers at a time when HR is dealing with ever-small budgets? These questions and more will be answered during this virtual session with the goal of providing attendees with practical advice for getting the most out of technology.
Who Should Participate
Any HR Professional
What You Will Learn
- How companies can use web-based assessments to measure globally, but hire locally
- How organizations can handle the deluge of candidate applications in ways that ensure the best hiring decisions are made at the lowest cost possible
- The practical tools that exist to engage and groom individuals so that they are less likely to leave and more likely to grow within the company
- How organizations can identify high potential leaders earlier in their careers at a time when HR is dealing with ever-small budgets
- Handbook of Workplace Assessment (Scott & Reynolds, 2010)
- Performance Management: Putting Research into Action (Smith & London, 2009)
- The Human Resources Program-Evaluation Handbook (Edwards, Scott & Raju, 2003)
APTMetrics, Inc. is the only human resource consultancy that builds world-class talent solutions and is nationally recognized for its employment litigation support services.