• Public Events
Advertise Here

Topic: Addicted to e-mail

Messages (6) Visitors (2107)

dummy
Member since 05/18/2005
Addicted to e-mail
07/27/2005 / 10:19 am    #1

As with most people who sit in front of their computer day in and day out, the e-mail flag that comes up as you are working away is the most distracting little icon that you see. Who is sending you what?? Is it an order? Do you need to get back to them right away?? These are some of the things that race through your mind when it pops up! How do you eliminate that? Trun off your e-mail and look at it once every 1-2 hours, pick out the urgent ones and clear out the junk. Take 15 minutes to respond and then turn it off again. Hard to do, but worth the effort!

TopEdit  | Forward

Member since 08/04/2005
HRM
12/09/2005 / 10:10 am    #2

welcome to
www.tuvanvieclam.info.ms

TopForward

Member since 06/29/2005
Re:Addicted to e-mail
01/11/2006 / 1:42 pm    #3

>As with most people who sit in front of their computer day in and day out, the e-mail flag that comes up as you are working away is the most distracting little icon that you see.
>Trun off your e-mail and look at it once every 1-2 hours, pick out the urgent ones and clear out the junk. Take 15 minutes to respond and then turn it off again. Hard to do, but worth the effort!

>> This advice is very true. I work on my PC all day long and live by email - yet I still turn off all notifications whether they be audio or pop-up. I simply let the little envelope quietly come up on the task bar at the bottom of the screen, and if I have that section open, then I'll know I have a new message to check.

Otherwise, it's no notification whatsoever.; it's too distracting when I am in the middle of working on a big project.

Also, if your company uses an IM system to communicate with one another, usually you can set the notifications to simply a blinking blue box at the task bar, rather than a pop-up in the middle of your screen while you're working.

TopForward

Member since 06/22/2005
Re:HRM
06/20/2006 / 7:42 pm    #4

Thank you very much for your attention to my profile
You can contact me via mail address:
stevepham_clm@yahoo.com

yours best regards,
steve

See you later.

>welcome to
>www.tuvanvieclam.info.ms

TopForward

Member since 06/22/2005
Re:Addicted to e-mail
06/20/2006 / 7:45 pm    #5

Yeah, it's so busy that i cannot reply your message in tim. Sorry

Steve

>>As with most people who sit in front of their computer day in and day out, the e-mail flag that comes up as you are working away is the most distracting little icon that you see.
>>Trun off your e-mail and look at it once every 1-2 hours, pick out the urgent ones and clear out the junk. Take 15 minutes to respond and then turn it off again. Hard to do, but worth the effort!
>
>>> This advice is very true. I work on my PC all day long and live by email - yet I still turn off all notifications whether they be audio or pop-up. I simply let the little envelope quietly come up on the task bar at the bottom of the screen, and if I have that section open, then I'll know I have a new message to check.
>
>Otherwise, it's no notification whatsoever.; it's too distracting when I am in the middle of working on a big project.
>
>Also, if your company uses an IM system to communicate with one another, usually you can set the notifications to simply a blinking blue box at the task bar, rather than a pop-up in the middle of your screen while you're working.

TopForward

beagantt
Member since 10/26/2007
Re: Re:Addicted to e-mail
10/26/2007 / 5:14 pm    #6

My problem here is that I get so much email I don't have time to do anything else. Then when I do shut it off, my phone starts ringing wanting to know why I haven't opened my email and answered them. We also have IM. The problem with IM, there are certain programs that when someone just starts talking to you, it literally kicks you out of the program. I agree to shut off the notify and keep IM on busy. Less traffic and more done. I do stay late just to read emails and this has helped those not so important emails.

TopForward

Sitemap   |   Advertise With Us