Advertise Here

Topic: New Member, New Question

Messages (2) Visitors (475)

DannonDude
Member since 11/20/2011
New Member, New Question
11/20/2011 / 2:31 am    #1

Hello,

My name is Curtis, and I recently applied for a position internally here at Dannon Co. Currently I am a maintenance mechanic, but I would like to move up in the company and I know that I would enjoy the position offered. Specifically, H.R. Staffing and Training Supervisor.

My current supervisor supports me in the move and agrees that I would do well with this position. I am doing my homework to see what the potential of this job description will be. What I will be asked to do and what I can research to better prepare myself for this position.

I sought out this forum as a source of information for what I may need to learn. Please post letting me know personal opinions, how I can prepare, articles I should read, ect.

Some background:

I do not have a bachelors degree, I have an associates degree and a trade school degree. I am extremely personable and know that I would do well in this position. I have some experience with public relations, working for the Army Corps of Engineers, but most of my experience is in maintenance mechanics.

Thank you for your help. The sooner I can get replies the better. I want to start researching and learning all that I can before my final interview and potentially working in the position.

TopForward

jason.tan
Member since 03/11/2012
Re: New Member, New Question
03/11/2012 / 11:51 pm    #2

Virendra Shelar, Head of Recruitment & Talent Development - AMEA, Sony Electrics
Virendra Shelar was a trained engineering and worked in an engineering firm for some time. When he had the first opportunity to teach at a local college, he found that interacting with students and people in general was more interesting than machines. That’s what attracted him to his current profession.
You seem to be undergoing a similar situation as compared to Virendra. You could ask him questions on this website here: justhrasia.com/advisory-panel

Hope this helps!

Modification count : 1
TopForward

Sitemap   |   Advertise With Us