Upcoming Conference
5 May - 6 May 2014

Performance Management

My Events
View and edit your current events.
Add Event

Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event

Advertise Here

Topic: My new company wants me to tell them how much to pay me.

Messages (1) Visitors (1073)

marc.c
Member since 03/15/2012
My new company wants me to tell them how much to pay me.
03/15/2012 / 5:45 pm    #1

I recently accepted a position with a small company as an in-house recruiter. The compensation consists of a yearly base with an additional performance driven bonus. On target, the bonus has been budgeted to be about 30% of my base salary. The company has a very aggressive growth plan, and the position I accepted was newly created to address the needs of their growing workforce. That being said, since this is a new position, management does not currently have the exact metrics set up to determine how my bonus dollars are determined. In our discussion they said that they would like me to be involved in determining my own bonus structure. I don't really know where to begin structuring my own bonus component, so any information regarding performance based bonus for in-house recruiters would be appreciated. I would like to have some basis for when I meet with management to hammer out the details. Examples? Current practices?

Additional insight: about 10% of the positions I would recruit for are a mix of admin and technical, while the other 90% would be for sales and sales managers. With such high turnover in the sales, this company mentioned that retention would be an important driver in realizing bonuses.

</br>
Any examples/feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
</br>

Modification count : 2
TopForward

Sitemap   |   Advertise With Us