Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event

Advertise Here

Topic: Engagement versus Emotional Commitment

Messages (2) Visitors (1528)

karlabrandau
Member since 07/31/2008
Engagement versus Emotional Commitment
05/15/2012 / 7:08 pm    #1

I am doing research on engagement and emotinal commitment. My research shows that engagement is at the top of the S-curve or it is becoming ineffective and that engagement should be replaced with emotional commitment.

What does emotional commitment mean to you? Do you see any difference between engagement and emotional commitment?

I'd love your thoughts below.
</br>

TopForward

jbuchmiller
Member since 06/18/2007
Re: Engagement versus Emotional Commitment
05/21/2012 / 10:10 am    #2

My own view, as input to the discussion / research:

Engagement is all about one gear driving another to turn, conveying some energy and power. If the people-related practices of the organization set up and motivate the people to drive operations and success well, the people are highly engaged. There are many different ways to accomplish that, some more palatable and pleasant than others, some more effective than others, and some more sustainable than others. A range of strategies and methods is called for in an organization of any size, but just one or a couple predominate and are most visible.

Emotional commitment is just one of those methods, the one in which the individuals WANT to be engaged. It in turn has varioius strategies and techniques that establish and that sustain it.

Within this topic, there are many complexities, opportunities, and challenges. Organizational success stories find a path through these, but it may not be the right path for another organization, or even for the same organization next time through.

TopForward

Sitemap   |   Advertise With Us