Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event
Training, the Means to an End: Four Principles to Maximize the Value of the Training You Provide
Date:June 7, 2012 at 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
You are about to Register for....Training, the Means to an End: Four Principles to Maximize the Value of the Training You Provide
Educational Webcast on Thursday, June 7, 2012 1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
With your FREE HR.com Membership, you have...
0 standalone webcast and 0 virtual conference webcast registrations remaining for this month....
Upgrade to get access to HRCI eLearning credits, Unlimited Live/Archived webcasts and virtual conferences and so much more for as little as $200 a year!
GET (RE)CERTIFIED SOONER!
Results! Whether the results you are looking for are improved customer service, increased productivity, lower defect rate or improved project performance, training is often the means to that end. This webcast is designed to address the following training challenges:
• Learning new ideas is often difficult. It is more difficult when the people attending training cannot answer the questions: “What is the purpose of the training and why do we need it?”
• Applying the new ideas learned in training is often difficult, especially when existing systems and processes make it difficult to apply the new ideas on the job.
• Producing results using new ideas takes time and practice. Without guidance on how to use the new ideas in different situations, people can become frustrated.
• Using the new ideas learned in training is often initially uncomfortable and can be discouraging if the use of new skills goes unrecognized or unrewarded. When this happens, people may revert to the more comfortable actions the training was provided to change
When training goals are linked to employee performance, the leap to improved business performance seems clear. Yet, all too often, progress stalls and new skills are underused or ignored when employees get back to work.
Based on over five decades of helping organizations improve performance, John Ager, Master Trainer at Kepner-Tregoe, will explain the four key principles that encourage employees to change behavior and use new skills. Taking these actions can help ensure the success of any good training program by clearing the path from training to improved business performance.
Who Should Participate
HR professional with responsibilities related to managing a training and development, leadership development, organizational development, or talent management function, whether a corporate university or some other enterprise learning organization.
Extra Learning Material
All Registered HR.com members are also eligible for:
Training, the Means to an End: Four Principles to Maximize the Value of the Training You Provide Critical Thinking Skills: Building Blocks for the Next Generation of Leaders
Staffing and Recruitment
Training and Development
Workforce Planning and Analytics
Approaches and Systems (not software)
What You Will Learn
• The importance of setting and managing expectations • The significance of the performance environment • The role of coaching – to reinforce the use of the ideas back on the job • Integrating, monitoring and documenting use of new skills – creating an effective work environment
Who is Eligible
This webcast is available to all registered HR.com members for free. You are currently subscribed to HR.com as a Free Member.
Click the button to access this webcast. Archives, MP3 and PowerPoint slides
What is Required to Attend
Participants in the live webcast will need access to a computer connected to the Internet. HR.com highly recommends you test your computer in advance of the webcasts.
Once you register for the webcasts, full login instructions will be sent to you 24 and 2 hours prior to going live. You must run the system test to ensure you can access the session.