Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event
Top 10 Form 5500 Practice Pointers for Preparers and Reviewers
Date:September 10, 2012 at 3:00 - 4:00 PM ET
You are about to Register for....Top 10 Form 5500 Practice Pointers for Preparers and Reviewers
Educational Webcast on Monday, September 10, 2012 3:00 - 4:00 PM ET
With your FREE HR.com Membership, you have...
0 standalone webcast and 0 virtual conference webcast registrations remaining for this month....
Upgrade to get access to HRCI eLearning credits, Unlimited Live/Archived webcasts and virtual conferences and so much more for as little as $200 a year!
GET (RE)CERTIFIED SOONER!
The Form 5500 preparation season is winding down, so now is a perfect time to brush up on how to avoid common errors and misconceptions in regards to your filings before they are submitted.
All pension and health & welfare benefit plans that are subject to Title I of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) must file a Form 5500 annually. The Form 5500 has experienced several major changes over the past few years. These include,
• Expanded reporting of direct compensation paid to plan service providers to also include indirect compensation; (Schedule C),
• Form 8955-SSA clarifications, now filed with the IRS, and
• More strict EFAST2 System requirements with a greater chance for filings to be not accepted and result in late penalties.
Whether your benefit plan administration firm or HR personnel prepare your company’s Form 5500’s, the Plan Administrator and Plan Sponsor are ultimately responsible for review and sign-off of their company’s filings.
This presentation will guide HR professionals through the Form 5500 filing to help them gain a better understanding of the more critical information required to be reported on a Form 5500 filing. You will also:
• Learn which items are of greater importance to the Department of Labor and IRS;
• Improve your ability to perform an effective quality review for each filing type;
• Understand what is required on Schedule C (indirect compensation) and how to obtain;
• Feel more confident when working with Form 5500 filings and therefore, proactively move the process along;
• Reduce the time it takes for Form 5500 preparation and review;
• Strive to reduce the number of Form 5500 filings; and
• Avoid the top five Form 5500 Red Flags.
Who Should Participate
HR professionals who are either responsible for preparing Form 5500 filings, providing information for filings, or for final review and sign-off, as the Plan Administrator or Plan Sponsor.
Extra Learning Material
All Registered HR.com members are also eligible for:
Human Resources Management
Staffing and Recruitment
Legal and Compliance - Managing Employer Risk
Workforce Planning and Analytics
Training On Compliance
Benefits and Compensation Law
U.S. Based Legal Issues
Health and Wellness
Flexible Savings Accounts (FSAs)
Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs)
Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs)
Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO)
Healthcare Legislation and Compliance
Benefits - Cost Containment, Audits and Legal Risks
What You Will Learn
Who is Eligible
This webcast is available to all registered HR.com members for free. You are currently subscribed to HR.com as a Free Member.
Click the button to access this webcast. Archives, MP3 and PowerPoint slides
What is Required to Attend
Participants in the live webcast will need access to a computer connected to the Internet. HR.com highly recommends you test your computer in advance of the webcasts.
Once you register for the webcasts, full login instructions will be sent to you 24 and 2 hours prior to going live. You must run the system test to ensure you can access the session.