Do you already have a social media & digital team? If yes, who do they respond to?
If the answer is anything other than the CEO, this session is for you. Exactly like the IT department has outgrown the role it played 20 years ago under the Chief Operations Officer, social media & digital media have outgrown marketing, IT or sales.
Is it time for your company to have someone responsible for social media and digital on your board of directors?
Since Facebook has reached over 1 billion users and all the big social networks like Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google +, Foursquare, Pinterest and Instagram have over 100 million users, a lot of senior executives are asking this strategic question: do you need a senior executive responsible for successfully leveraging social media and digital media for your company?
We have done an in-depth research to answer three key questions you may have about the role of social media and digital media at the board level:
1. Do you really need someone dedicated to this area on your board?
2. If you do need someone for this position, who is the perfect candidate?
3. Once you have hired someone for this new role, how do you measure the success of your investment?
In this session, you will get the answer to these three questions so that you can help your board make the right decisions when it comes to hiring someone responsible for social media and digital media.
Richard Cullen, ex-General Manager at VISA Europe said, during one of our interviews for this research, "five years ago people thought Twitter was a bunch of bird spotters. Today, if you're not on Twitter and understand it, your business could be dead while you're thinking about it. Embrace media… and all the media available to you".
You will get insights from the research we have conducted with leading experts in the social media world with the likes of Delphine Remy-Boutang, ex-World Wide Social Media Director at IBM and Minter Dial, ex-Managing Director at the L'Oreal Group and founder of a Digital Innovation Agency.
Who Should Participate
Head of HR, Social Media Team, CEO, if you are responsible for hiring a social media team
What You Will Learn
- Learn what is the role of social media and digital at the board level and understand whether you really need someone dedicated to this area
- Get an insight into the kind of person you need for this new position: get answers as to what background, profile and experience you need for the perfect candidate
- Get the right metrics to help your board measure the success of hiring someone responsible for social media & digital on your company's board
We are currently finishing a whitepaper for which we have interviewed number of senior executives, including Richard Cullen (ex-General Manager at VISA Europe) and Delphine Remy-Boutang (ex-World Wide Social Media Director at IBM).