Social media is changing the way we communicate. Facebook™, Twitter™, LinkedIn™ , Yammer, Yelp and blogs are creating unique opportunities and challenges for companies today and employers must decide how to interact with these ever-evolving venues. This presentation will address the benefits of using social networks and how a company can strategically build its social networks; how a company can build its brand on LinkedIn™, Facebook™ & Twitter™ and how these sites are being used by recruiters today; and how to incorporate the latest trends in social media to create a competitive advantage for your organization. We will look at how social media has created a fundamental shift in the way people communicate via real-time conversations online and determine if social networking really is any application or website that links communities of people together through the ability to upload and share media such as photos, videos and bookmarks, blogs, or to a message or link with friends, or to make new ones. Time to investigate some of the statistics and do some myth busting:
· Facebook claims that 50% of active users log into the site each day. This would mean at least 175m users every 24 hours… A considerable increase from the previous 120m.
· Twitter now has 75m user accounts, but only around 15m are active users on a regular basis. It’s still a fair increase from the estimated 6-10m global users from a few months ago.
· LinkedIn has over 50m members worldwide. This means an increase of around 1m members month-on-month since July/August last year.
· Facebook currently has in excess of 350 million active users on global basis. Six months ago, this was 250m… meaning around a 40% increase of users in less than half a year.
Who Should Participate
Lizz’s presentations are well positioned for seasoned professionals in any area of Human Resources: Training/Education, Recruitment/Retention and Organizational Development. There is no industry specific audience. Presentations are very applicable to all industries including health care, higher education, financial services, technology, profit and nonprofit organizations.
What You Will Learn
Participants will understand:
· How to relate the latest trends in social media to recruiting
· How LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter are used by recruiters today
· What belongs on a successful Facebook recruiting page
· How to determine if Social fits into your culture and employment brand
· Why it's important to "join the conversation" today
The Cultural Fit Factor, Creating an Employment Brand that Attracts, Retains and Repels the Right Employees. SHRM publication 2010
Getting Your Shift Together, Making Sense of Organizational Culture and Change. CCI Press 2000
39 Social Media Statistics to start 2012: http://www.socialnomics.net/2012/01/04/39-social-media-statistics-to-start-2012/
Felix Global Corp.
You have the vision for where you want your company to go. The challenge often becomes how to get there. Chances are, the path will involve aligning/changing processes, reorganizing corporate structure, introducing new thinking, igniting a shift in the company’s culture.
That’s where Felix Global Corp. comes in. We have been helping companies implement their strategic vision for well over 20 years. We make our clients’ programs, people and companies successful by helping realize short and long term profitability and growth goals, and helping balance the needs of all departments in ever changing environments. We do this by tapping into our highly experienced consultants, our state of the art, proven tools and our expertise at implementation consulting and activation. Our solutions are customized and scalable, enabling us to provide business solutions for smaller sized companies all the way up to the large, globally based enterprises.