Global teams are quickly becoming the operating standard for many companies. With every new merger and acquisition, distributed product development team, and expanded customer services, new teams begin to emerge on a global scale. This is true at Autodesk, an industry leader in software for architecture, construction, manufacturing and entertainment. Over the last few years, the rate of emergence of global teams has accelerated at a dizzying pace. As Training and Organization Development professionals, we are constantly in demand to help leaders face their challenges through awareness and skill building for what it takes to lead effective virtual teams.
In this session, we’ll discuss some of the challenges virtual teams experience that aren’t always discussed in the literature. We’ll review the toll globalization takes on productivity, how structures can be redesigned to support team effectiveness, and some techniques team leaders can use to help their teams become highly effective.
As an HR professional, learning and development specialist, or organization development consultant, you’ll want to attend this session to learn how fatigue can be a cause of poor performance, how to use communication technologies to your greatest advantage, and some skills leaders can employ in order to diagnose and remediate poor behaviors common to virtual teams.
If you manage client groups who have challenges with global teams, performance issues, and low manager effectiveness, this session will provide some food for thought as well as tools to enhance virtual team effectiveness. Our hopeful outcome is for you to be empowered to work with your leadership teams to get a handle on the ways and means of managing effective virtual teams.
Who Should Participate
- HR professionals (HR business partners and generalists)
- HR Training managers
- Organizational development specialists
- HR managers
What You Will Learn
- How team work structures and systems help or hinder the productivity of a global team
- Identify the most appropriate ways to communicate with global teams appropriate to the objectives of the communication
- Apply basic concepts and tools to diagnose and promote team effectiveness
- Identify helpful resources to develop new skills for managing global teams
- Harvard Business Review
- OnPoint Consulting (Virtual Team Success)
- Corporate Executive Board/ L&D Roundtable
- The Trusted Advisor
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world.