All executives can read and write, and can read out loud the words they wrote. But not all executives are compelling speakers and presenters.
Only a small proportion have the gift of engaging their audience, holding them spellbound, and delivering a message that prompts a change in belief or behaviour.
Those who can't persuade others to embrace change struggle to get traction for their ideas.
Poor presentation skills are expensive for any organization. Lack of clarity in messaging costs money through wasted time, duplication of effort, and lost sales.
Dull presentations eat away at staff morale, and getting a reputation for being a bad speaker blights career progression opportunities.
The ROI of presentation skills training is:
- time and money saved because the message is clear
- enhanced reputations and credibility (both for the individual and for the organization)
- elevated morale among colleagues and employees
- much easier buy-in for the crucial issues of change management.
At Podium Coaching, we develop high-end presentation skills by:
- teaching our proven TalkitOut™ Technique
- tapping into the authentic, conversational voice of the speaker
- refining the focus of a presentation or speech to achieve maximum clarity
- building the structure of the presentation to ensure a logical flow of ideas
- ensuring the language used will engage, rather than alienate, the audience
- using stories and anecdotes to make important facts and data memorable
- teaching speakers to harness their body language and inner language in support of their message
- eliminating nerves by capturing the speaker's natural voice
- using pauses and emphasis to ensure that key message points are delivering strongly and memorably
- making sure the speaker's enthusiasm and passion for the subject matter is effectively communicated to the audience
Podium's TalkitOut™ Technique is trademarked in Canada and has been taught in workshops around the world. Please look at our website, podiumcoaching.com
, to see video transformations of 3 of our clients. You will also see a couple of 4 minute videos
of Halina St. James, the creator of TalkitOut, training a volunteer in her technique.www.podiumcoaching.com/resources/