Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (commonly referred to as the PPACA, or the health reform law) poses unique and complex challenges to employers everywhere. Although the law is already three years old, its signature provisions—and most onerous requirements—take effect January 1, 2014, just months from now.
Employers everywhere are scrambling to understand and comply with the law’s complex rules. The issues and challenges for employers vary significantly depending on employer size and industry sector. But the law will impact all employers in some way: financially, in hiring and retention, and in the great many administrative challenges the law imposes. Please join us for a live seminar on June 5 where Lockton’s experts will discuss:
• The current state of the health reform law: Where you should be and where you must go
• The coming tax storm: The impact on group insurance costs of the $100 billion in taxes on insurers, drug companies and others
• Health insurance exchanges: Readiness, coverage offerings, rating rules and expected premium costs
• Dealing with the employer “play or pay” mandate: Who are the most vulnerable employers, and what are their options?
• Selecting, implementing and administering “initial,” “standard” and “administrative” periods for seasonal and variable hour employees
• Turbocharged wellness programs: New leverage under the health reform law, to drive employee behavioral changes
• Health reform’s administrative tail: Get ready for new reporting and disclosure obligations
• The centerpiece of the federal health reform law
• The employer mandate
• What is “affordable” coverage for purposes of Tier 2 of the employer mandate?
• Employers have a variety of reporting and disclosure obligations under the health reform law.
• And more …
Stop scrambling and get informed. We look forward to helping you understand the impact of health care reform on your business.
Who Should Participate
HR Professionals, Executives and Business Owners
Extra Learning Material
All Registered HR.com members are also eligible for:
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
Human Resources Management
Legal and Compliance - Managing Employer Risk
U.S. Based Legal Issues
Healthcare Legislation and Compliance
Health and Safety
What You Will Learn
Who is Eligible
This webcast is available to all registered HR.com members for free. You are currently subscribed to HR.com as a Free Member.
Click the button to access this webcast. Archives, MP3 and PowerPoint slides
What is Required to Attend
Participants in the live webcast will need access to a computer connected to the Internet. HR.com highly recommends you test your computer in advance of the webcasts.
Once you register for the webcasts, full login instructions will be sent to you 24 and 2 hours prior to going live. You must run the system test to ensure you can access the session.
Do you have any comments that you would like to share about the value of this session?
Please help others considering viewing the archive understand the value of the session. How would you rate this presentation?
Excellent Very Good Good Fair Bad