This 1 hour session will provide an overview and introduction to pre-employment criminal background screening investigations. It will also outline the 5 basic elements of a best practices criminal background search:
1) Point One: SSN Trace & Address Locator.
2) Point Two: U.S. Criminal Records Indicator Search
3) Point Three: County (or Statewide) Criminal Record Searches
4) Point Four: Federal Criminal Record Searches
5) Point Five: Driving Record Search
Additionally we will discuss some of the other additional items that employers search based on need such as employment and education reference verification, credentials verification, motor vehicle driving reports, social media screenings, E-Verify programs, and screening for non-profits.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (F C R A), the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (F A C T A) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission are all weighing in on the background screening process. We’ll discuss the major parts of what each of these agencies say in regards to background screening.
1) Fair Credit Reporting Act - has 29 categories with which credit and criminal reporting agencies (CRAs) and employers must comply.
2) Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act - The act allows consumers to request and obtain a free credit report once every twelve months from each of the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion
3) Equal Employment Opportunity Commission - The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is responsible for enforcing federal laws that make it illegal to discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Who Should Participate
Anyone in an organization in the hiring process
What You Will Learn
1) Best Practices in a Base Background Search Package, 2) Other available searches based on due diligence, and 3) how the FCRA/FACTA and EEOC are weighing in on the employment screening process.
Janice Taylor Background Screening & Security Solutions, LLC View Profile
Background Screening & Security Solutions, LLC (BSASS LLC) is a background screening
service with a fully integrated online functionality - for use as a stand-along screening platform -
or integrated with an applicant tracking system.
I think the speaker was very clear & knowledgeable she explained some important facts the wefrequently overlook and need to be corrected in our organization.
4 / 5 Very Good Presentation
Do you have any comments that you would like to share about the value of this session?
Please help others considering viewing the archive understand the value of the session. How would you rate this presentation?
Are you becoming an industry expert? Each One Hour Webcast on HR.com is reviewed and can qualify for an Institute for Human Resources credit. The Institute for Human Resources Certification Program provides HR Professionals with an opportunity to specialize in one vertical or domain, making them an Industry Expert. Each of HR.com’s webcasts are reviewed and evaluated against the verticals/domains criteria, and one credit hour can be applied to the appropriate vertical or domain.
For more information regarding the IHR Certification Program, please click here or visit: http://www.hr.com/en/ihr_certifications/
Did you know that each one-hour webcast is submitted to qualify for HR Certification Institute recertification credits? The archive of the webcast also qualifies recertification credits, for one (in some cases two) year(s) after the original broadcast. You can get your PHR, SPHR, GPHR and credits all without ever leaving your desk. We know how busy today's successful HR professionals are, which is why we're committed to delivering the best education to you in an easy and entertaining format. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org "The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HR Certification Institute’s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."