LIVONIA, Mich. (May 7, 2012) – WorkForce Software, the leading provider of workforce management solutions for organizations with complex labor policies and stringent compliance demands, today announced the release of EmpCenter® 9, the latest version of its workforce management platform. For more than twelve years, organizations have relied on EmpCenter to meet their workforce management needs. With the release of EmpCenter 9, WorkForce Software has added both new features and significant usability enhancements across the full spectrum of its time & attendance, scheduling, absence management and fatigue management solutions.
EmpCenter is a web-based workforce management suite that helps large and mid-sized employers to track employee time and activities, manage employee leave and absences, assign tasks, manage schedules, ensure compliance and mitigate risks associated with employee fatigue. Its Analytics solution has also emerged as a leading tool for organizations leveraging workforce management strategies to drive operational and business improvements, such as controlling labor costs, optimizing schedules and increasing productivity.
Developed to meet both current and emerging market demands, EmpCenter 9 provides greater functionality to support enterprise-wide automation, enhance user experience and adoption across multiple devices and streamline integration with 3rd party applications. Some of the improvements of the new release include:
· Enhanced Mobile Capabilities – Embracing HTML5, the latest standard for Web-based technology, EmpCenter Mobile delivers access to EmpCenter 9 via any device with an HTML5-compliant browser. With the “BYOD” (bring your own device) mobility trend picking up steam, EmpCenter 9’s standards-based, ‘platform agnostic’ design empowers employees to complete critical tasks using the mobile device of their choice. EmpCenter Mobile comes standard with EmpCenter 9, eliminating the need to purchase and deploy separate device-specific applications.
· One-Touch Callout – With this new feature, employers can post open shifts to multiple workers simultaneously through multiple channels, including text, phone and email. The system takes into account concepts of hierarchy, overtime eligibility and other factors to ensure shifts are offered to employees in a fair and compliant manner, all while substantially reducing the time and effort required to fill staffing gaps.
· Event-Based Scheduling – Rounding out the scheduling improvements introduced via EmpCenter 9, this functionality enables employers to rapidly create and manage a staffing profile for one-time events or projects and trigger a mass call-out for individuals who can fill the positions. Widespread among arenas, convention centers and amusement parks, event-based scheduling can streamline staffing for any organization with unique, one-time events.
· Pre-Built Integration with Leading HR and ERP Applications – EmpCenter 9 delivers pre-configured connectivity to multiple third-party partner applications from some of the leading technology providers in human capital management, such as SuccessFactors, Oracle, Patersons and CRS Advanced Technology. Additionally, EmpCenter 9 can be delivered with EmpCenter Engage, a next-generation device for employee self-service and data collection brought to market in collaboration with WorkForce Software’s strategic partner EmployTouch.
· Multiple Language Support – In recognition of the increasingly global approach to workforce management automation, EmpCenter 9 comes with ‘out-of-the-box’ support for ten languages, including Chinese (Mandarin), French, German and Spanish.
· Absence Compliance Tracker Enhancements – EmpCenter 9 includes several enhancements to the highly popular ACT solution, highlighted by more robust document management features. New functionality includes workflow automation, form field pre-population and the ability to add relevant documents to a corporate document library.
· Usability Improvements – EmpCenter 9 builds on EmpCenter’s highly ranked usability, adding the ability to create and manage a “favorites” list of commonly used features, expanding drag-and-drop capabilities, introducing collapsible columns on all time entry screens and providing simpler and more streamlined paid time-off requests, along with dozens of other refinements.
“The demands placed upon HR, payroll and operations professionals are more diverse - and more dynamic – than ever before. As a result, workforce management solutions need to keep pace,” said Kevin Choksi, co-founder and CEO of WorkForce Software. “With EmpCenter 9, we’ve extended the functionality of our core platform that better reflects today’s business and strategic needs, including more global capabilities, connectivity to multiple enterprise systems “out-of-the-box” and mobile access without additional costs.”
About WorkForce Software
WorkForce Software is the leader in workforce management software for organizations with complex policies and compliance concerns. Its EmpCenter® suite enables strategic HR by automating and streamlining interactions between the employer and its workforce, enabling organizations to better manage payroll and processing costs, help ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and increase the productivity and satisfaction of their employees. The EmpCenter suite is composed of numerous applications aimed at addressing an organization’s end-to-end workforce management needs, including time & attendance, absence management, labor scheduling, fatigue management, and labor analytics. WorkForce Software’s diverse customer base includes large employers such as the University of California, Blizzard Entertainment, the University of Alabama, Duke Energy and BBVA Compass. For more information, visit http://www.workforcesoftware.com/.