Goleta, California (PRWEB) September 04, 2012
Internal communications system pioneer, SnapComms has announced that iOS and Android versions of its visual messaging tools for large enterprise are now available, enabling the delivery of visual messaging not only to laptop and desktop screens but also to smartphones and iPads.
Continuing its successful history of innovating new and better ways to inspire and facilitate employee interactions, the company is now enabling the same rich visual displays and message performance tracking on mobile phones.
- Emergency communications - Messages can be sent with mobile push notification and repeated on all devices until they have been read or acknowledge on one.
- Message acknowledgement and recurrence options.
- Role and location specific targeting - Message administrators can target messages by function or, in some instances, location.
- Scheduling and expiry of messages - Allows message scheduling, expiry dates, and times to be specified for each message, ensuring old messages never overload employees.
- Quiz, survey, RSVP and video formats – Can now be delivered instantly to employees' mobile devices.
- Message reporting – Provides full reporting on message readership and collects and sorts quiz, survey and RSVP responses.
SnapComms representatives will be demonstrating this powerful new enterprise mobile application during the highly anticipated TechCrunch Disrupt event, September 8-12 in San Francisco. The conference, which kicks off with 24-hour hackathon and features StartUp Alley and StartUp Battlefield, is a unique gathering of today’s most outstanding startup tech companies, prominent and influential industry speakers, world class sponsors, and guests.
“Our new enterprise mobile application is a key enhancement to our internal communications system, so we are especially excited to showcase our technology at this event.” says (Sarah Perry, Sales and Marketing Director, SnapComms).
“Mobile phones are used by nearly every employee, everywhere, so it was imperative to offer our clients the ability to use our visually appealing and timely messaging service to push messages out to employee mobile devices,” Perry adds.
Advantages of Mobile Employee Communications:
By using the mobile application feature, SnapComms users are better able to accomplish critical cut through notification, successfully and instantly reaching employees no matter where they are located or which device they are using. All mobile communications are as secure and confidential as those received on desktop and laptop screens.
SnapComms' mobile messaging system has unlimited uses across the enterprise, for example, alerting staff about systems outages, or instantly relaying important compliance, HR, and policy communications, emergency notifications, urgent health and safety messages or management updates, or delivering quizzes and surveys. Practical applications of this feature include easily and instantaneously reaching work-from-home, remote, or highly mobile employees such as traveling salespeople, police officers and other officials, airport or security staff, field technicians, and delivery drivers.
The SnapComms channels for internal communication
include; an alert messaging system, enterprise gamification elements, RSVP invites, visual surveys pushed to targeted devices, employee newsletters, and wellness and policy communication channels.
For more information, visit http://www.snapcomms.com