HR Compliance Conference Pre-Approved for 13.25 HRCI Recertification Credits
By: Date: August 20 2012
August 20, 2012 – HR Compliance Conference hosted by GSMI in San Francisco this October 16 & 17th, was recently pre-approved by the HR Certification Institute for 13.25 credit hours.
GSMI has gathered the best and brightest speakers in the human resources and employment and labor law arena to present best practices and key legal updates to facilitate your organization’s continued human resources compliance. Attendees will explore the impact of social media in their workplace and how to leverage this powerful medium in many aspects of the business while minimizing substantial risks.
The summit will offer morning workshops on California HR Compliance Legal Update and Workplace Investigations, one and half conference days offering multiple sessions on key compliance topics, plus ample networking opportunities. Unlike traditional conferences, the HR Compliance Conference reveals how corporations and HR departments alike are successfully implementing social media and innovative technology in the workplace while complying with the myriad of laws and regulations affecting all employers.
This informative event will help your organization:
• Identify Best Practices in HR Compliance
• Draft & Implement Social Media Policies to Avoid Litigation
• Assessing Your HR Policies And Practices in an Era of Compliance Crackdown and Social Media
• The new ADAA: What “Reasonable Accommodation” Now Means for Your Company
• Immigration Compliance: Form I-9 and E-Verify
• Workplace Bullying: The Bully and the Bottom Line
• Effective Handling of EEOC Charges
• Strategic HR: Leverage Existing Tools for Maximum Impact
Join HR practitioners and speakers from the nation’s leading labor and employment law firms, including:
- Phil Rosen, Partner, Jackson Lewis (NYC Office)
- Paula Weber, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP (San Francisco)
- Marcel L. Debruge, Partner, Burr & Forman, LLP (Alabama)
- Alison West, Esq., SPHR
- Dwane Lay, MBA, SSBB, SPHR, Head of HR Process Design, Dovetail Software
The HR Certification Institute, established in 1976, is an internationally recognized certifying organization for the human resource profession. Today, more than 115,000 HR professionals worldwide proudly maintain the HR Certification Institute’s credentials as a mark of high professional distinction. The HR Certification Institute is a global leader in developing rigorous exams to demonstrate mastery and real-world application of forward-thinking HR practices, policies and principles.
About Global Strategic Management Institute:
GSMI is dedicated to creating rich environments for learning, networking and ensuring their attendees have rewarding and beneficial experiences. GSMI hosts dozens of conferences around the world annually. GSMI is a leader in the industry of executive education and strives to always provide the best and most relevant speakers, learning sessions, and workshops as well as the optimal environment to both network and learn. For more information visit http://www.gsmiweb.com/