Click the "add event" button to create a listing for your event
San Diego, CA, July 12, 2006 -BeneTrac (http://www.benetrac.com), a provider of powerful, web-based electronic enrollment and employee benefits administration software, today announced enhancements to its interactive benefits management software. The new features make it even easier and smoother for employees to electronically enroll in benefits plans online, while simultaneously simplifying the process for HR and benefits administrators to ensure employees are correctly enrolled.
Enrollment tracking and cleanup; the ability to get instant, live help; compare plans and automatically ensure compliance with specific company and benefit plan rules, are among a few of the features that further simplify and reduce the average time for an employee to effectively enroll in benefits plans online to 6.4 minutes. Information can then be approved by HR and promptly sent to carriers for enrollment.
"Using BeneTrac, we can easily set up new hires and existing employees, helping to save about 80 hours during open enrollment and 10 hours per week the rest of the year. Our employees, especially our engineers, love having access to their information online, including the ability to check it and make changes when necessary. We have started using the new features in BeneTrac and think they will make benefits enrollment and changes even smoother," said Sadie Herrera, executive vice president, human resources, Emulex Corporation.
New features to guide employees and assist HR include:
- Enrollment Cleanup-prevents employees from making errors/omitting critical information by running "tests" to ensure enrollment has been properly finalized-from checking that beneficiary information has been entered appropriately to validating that all required actions and plan selections have been completed-as per company and plan rules.
- Enroll Tracking-lets employees review/finalize benefit information provided on a single screen, giving them and HR confidence to know it´s right. Provides options to make more changes, leave without finalizing or finalize the information. The Benefit administrator can instantly view status of employees on the Enroll Tracking page.
- Get Help- with one click employees and administrators can gain instant access to a trained professional for help.
- Plan Comparison Enhancements-employee´s current plan is highlighted for reference and comparison against other options.
- Employee Access Enhancement-validates family information is properly set up before proceeding to benefits area.
- Alternate Employee Logon-lets employees automatically reset forgotten passwords from the previous enrollment period by entering critical information.
- You´ve Got News-lets HR create custom news messages for any segment of its employee population or for company-wide distribution.
- Custom Group Agreements-allows employers to obtain agreement on non-compete, privacy and/or other company specific policies.
"Ensuring the accurate and timely enrollment in health, life and other benefits plans is an important process for most employees, and with these new features we are further increasing their comfort levels with added checks and balances in enrolling online," said Brian Daley, vice president of technology for BeneTrac. "We are also taking the burden off of HR to check compliance, providing much-needed time away from shepherding processes during the pressures of open enrollment."
The new features are available to BeneTrac users immediately at no additional cost.
BeneTrac (also known as Hawthorne Benefit Technologies, Inc.) is a provider of powerful, web-based electronic enrollment and employee benefits administration software. The company´s online benefit management solution, available exclusively through insurance brokers and benefits consultants, enables employers and human resources professionals to eliminate paperwork and automate management of their complete benefits packages through a single, customized portal. BeneTrac´s one-stop-shop platform for automatically adding, updating, electronically exchanging, assessing and managing information capitalizes on relationships with more than 400 carriers. Leaders in software engineering, group insurance and human resources, the experts at BeneTrac are dedicated to offering a robust, affordable, user-friendly system that simplifies benefits administration. For more information, please visit www.benetrac.com.