How to Stay Productive When Working From Home
3.1 from 55 votes
- Currently 3.1/5 Stars.
How to stay productive when working from home
Sometimes there are those days when you are feeling under the weather and you can’t make it to the office, or you normally work from home, it can be difficult to remain focused when there are many more distractions then when in the office. With a few simple steps you can turn your at home desk into a productive office desk.
1. Get rid of the Distractions: This is the biggest concern when staying on top of your work. Start by either deactivating or restricting access to social media sites, unless it has to do with the projects you are working on. Social media is one the easiest ways to get off track, so it would be best to stay away from there. Another big distraction is the television. Even if it is just background noise, it serves your brain nothing but confusion and distraction as to what you are working on.
2. Stick to quiet places, alone, lighting: If you are a working college student and you have roommates try and work at your desk in your room, and if possible to concentrate put your headphones in. Being in a quiet environment will allow for you to be more productive. Lighting is very important, not only so you can see but for the sake of your eyes. You can’t be productive if you are working in the dark. Make sure you have a desk light or working in a well lit room.
3. Make lists: Make your to-do lists. The tasks that you should complete over the course of the day and having that in front of you will give you a guideline and potentially keep you on track.
4. Keep a tidy work space: It is hard to be productive when in a messy work space. If you are working at your desk in your room clear all the clutter and make way to keep productive. Make some time before you start your work to clean up a bit and you will be much more likely to stay on task.
Stick to these tips and it will help further you to be more productive if you are working from home. Cut out the distractions and get to work!
Robert Boroff Executive Profile Managing Director Reaction Search International <a href="http://www.reactionsearch.com/">Reaction Search International</a>
• Uses over 17 years of industry experience to provide clients with proven recruiting strategies that garner results
• Leads a team of Executive Recruiters in fulfilling clients important hiring needs in a time and cost-effective manner
• Keeps abreast of business and market trends in order to effectively consult clients on their hiring requirements
• Skilled at using traditional and contemporary recruiting practices
• Experienced in recruiting for a dynamic mix of industries, including Banking,Biotechnology, Construction, Consumer Products, Finance, Food & Beverage,Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology,Insurance,Marketing, andMedical Device, Pharmaceutical, Retail,Sales,Telecommunications executive search & recruitment
• Seasoned in running full-size searches on a national scale that require multiple hirings under time-sensitive schedules
management skills, effective management, employee relations, employee wellness, workplace environment, managing, employee retention
Follow RSI on Twitter
Follow RSI Facebook
The Executive Search Consultants at Reaction Search International Executive Recruiters Sales successfully placing top performing candidates since 1995