As part of a forward-moving career transformation plan
, a variable that would facilitate your eligibility for a promotion is having a favorable promotional history (i.e., you have a great track record of moving up in your current and/or past companies).
a promotion is radically different from being viewed as eligible
for or deserving of a promotion.
I believe that eligibility for a promotion is a function of:
- Consistent outstanding performance;
- The ability to articulate accomplishments in a way that matches the culture of the organization (some - organizations prefer risk-takers with accompanying bravado; some organizations prefer quiet competence);
- Your Internal Reputation (leadership career brand
- The leadership style of your manager (does he/she possess the development gene?);
- Your external visibility and reputation (leadership career brand), and
- Recognizing and being able to articulate and leverage a (valued) Value Proposition.
In Part 2 of Career Transformation Plan: How to Get Promoted!
, I will focus on tips for achieving your promotion goals, what you can do to be promotion-ready and I will identify the anchor points and milestones you can use in order to assess your career progression.
© All rights reserved.