A.P. Labour Welfare Fund Act 1987 (India)
The Andhra Pradesh Labour Welfare Board is constituted under A.P. Labour Welfare Fund Act., 1987 for the purpose of administering the Labour Welfare Fund. The Act came into force w.e.f. 01.05.1988.
The Act is applicable to the following categories of establishments:
1) All factories as defined in Section 2(m) of the Factories Act, 1948
2) All Motor Transport undertakings as defined in the Motor Transport workers Act 1961.
3) All establishments as defined in Section 2(10) of the A.P. Shops and Estt. Act, 1988
4) All Societies registered under any law in force in the State relating to registration of societies.
All charitable or other trusts whether registered or not which carries on any business or trade or any work in connection with or ancillary thereto and which employees on any working day during the preceding 12 months employed 20 or more persons but does not include an establishment, not being a factory, belonging to or under the control of Central or any State Government.
Employees to whom the Act is applicable :
Any person who is employed for hire or reward to do any work, skilled or unskilled, manual, supervisory, clerical or technical in an establishment for a period of 30 days during the period of 12 months, whether the terms of employment be expressed or implied but does not include any person:-
a) Who is employed mainly in a managerial capacity; or
b) Who being employed in a supervisory capacity, draws wages exceeding Rs.1600/- per men sum or exercises either by the nature of duties attached to the Office by reason of the powers vested in him, functions mainly of a managerial nature; or
c) Who is employed as an apprentice or on part time basis
Rate of Contribution;
As per Section 10 of the A.P. Labour Welfare Fund Act every employee shall contribute Rs. 2/- per year to the fund and every employer shall, in respect of each such employee, contribute Rs. 5/- per year to fund, and such contributions shall be remitted before 31st January every year.
Mode of payment of contribution;
Employer shall pay his and employees contributions to the welfare Commissioner, A.P., Labour Welfare board along with Form “F” and list of employees in respect of whom the contribution is paid. The contribution can be paid in the following manner
1. Payment in cash to the Officers of the Labour Department who are notified as Inspectors under the Act.
2. Payment through cheques or D.Ds. issued in favaour of Welfare Commissioner, A.P., Labour Welfare Board payable at Hyderabad.
3. Payment through Electronic Transfer - Andhra Bank, COL.Ext.Counter, Viveknagar, Chikadpally, Hyderabad - 20. - S.B.A/c.No.200206
4. The contributions can also be paid through "e" Seva in Hyderabad (TCs) only.
5. Payment through challans and Electronic Transfer in the following banks in respect of the areas mentioned against them
Point to Remember
1. It applicable to the entire factory or establishment but does not applicable to establishment belonging to or under the control of Central or any State Government.
2. Does not applicable to one being employed in a supervisory / Managerial capacity, draws wages exceeding Rs.1600/-, Trainee and part time worker
3. Employee shall contribute Rs. 2/- per year and in respect of each such employee, employer shall contribute Rs. 5/- per year
4. Contributions are to be paid to the welfare Commissioner, A.P., Labour Welfare board along with Form “F” and list of employees in respect of whom the contribution is paid before 31st January every year.